Que viva el Amor! Long live Love!
Chupaflor also referred to as Chuparosa; is the Spanish translation for Hummingbird. "Chupa" means sucking (get your head out the gutta, lol) and Flor means Flower which is exactly what we see hummingbirds do when pollinating and indulging in its chosen flower's nectar. Hummingbirds have many spiritual symbolisms and folk mythos of its origins, meanings and purpose in nature and ritual.
"The Mayans believed that the very first wedding performed on Earth was between two hummingbirds"; which is perhaps the reason why hummingbird symbols are so prominent in love spells. Not only are the symbols used, but the actual birds and its feathers are used in spells. Talk about the ultimate sacrifice in the name of love. This is disheartening because more than likely they're hunted and killed for these rituals. I don't know how I feel about that, but nonetheless their symbol and essence are deeply rooted in love.
Virtually every culture on the planet shares some type of connection, mythology and symbol with hummingbirds. They were a symbol of peace and protection as well as messengers between the Gods, humans and the afterlife. As in many stories the world over, birds are attributed as messengers, as a symbol of eternity, infinity and continuity.
This candle is fixed with the essence of the Hummingbird's symbol and representation to receive love, but not only love from a particular person, but universal love and more importantly the love we cultivate for ourselves. In order to understand true love, we must first practice unconditional love for ourselves. I feel the original sin is not having grace, compassion and unconditional love for ourselves in a world filled with many complexities and contradictions.
Invoke the energy of the Hummingbird this season of love with our Chupaflor candle to attract the true love, to experience soothing self care and return to ourselves in all forms of Love and Compassion.
Fixed Candle Set Includes
- 1 Honey Ritual Vial
- 1 Packet of Spiritual Love Bomb Bath Herbs
- 1 Tulsi and Rose Tea Bag
- 1 Rose Quartz Crystal
How to Perform Ritual
- Go on a date with yourself. Set a day and time on your calendar to dedicate intentional time for this love ritual.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add your Love Bomb Herbal Blend to the water.
- Let boil for 15 minutes.
- Strain your herbal blend into a bowl.
- Pour some honey into the bowl of your Love Bomb Water and recite; " I am Love; I create in Love; Love is always in my heart" as you are pouring the honey.
- Add some rosewater or floral water essence of choice, you can also a pump of your favorite perfume or better yet, your lover's cologne/perfume. You can also add essential oils and any other ingredients that resonates with you.
- Place the water on your altar.
- While your water is sitting on the altar, make some tea with the tea bag provided or use any other tea blend that consists of love enhancing qualities such as rose, jasmine, damiana.
- Once ready, sit at your altar, sipping your tea and take your Rose Quartz in your hands and place over your heart.
- Light the Candle
- As the candle is burning, sip on your tea and speak into the candle the type of love you deserve.
- You can leave the candle lit in a double water vase or bowl or you can put out the flame and relight the candle following the same steps mentioned above.
- There are no right or wrong ways to charge and ritualize your candle, follow what feels right to you. The above-mentioned instructions are simply a guide to help ignite your personal imagination.